Summary of Relevant Skills
- Headed Wealth Management in Bank NISP and Wealth Advisory in OCBC
- Implemented wealth management strategy in Bank NISP and pioneered the wealth advisory in OCBC
- Advised HNW clients on their investment portfolios and overall wealth and legacy planning
- Foreign exchange trader with major banks (JP Morgan and Swiss Bank
Michael Tan is currently a Senior Consultant with Monochrome Learning Solutions Pte Ltd.
A high performing trader and wealth management professional with 32 years of work experience. Michael’s core competencies are in the areas of FX trading and investments. He has 20 years of experience in client facing roles and had advised in many areas of investments that covered most asset classes available to high net worth individuals. He had also traded FX with major international banks. He had also created a team of highly competent Wealth Advisors to advise clients on investments, insurance and wealth planning. He was a Division Head of Wealth Management in Bank NISP and he aligned the strategy with OCBC.
His last position with OCBC Bank is as the Senior Portfolio Counsellor and Wealth Panel member (investment strategy committee) and his prior roles as Division and Team Heads and FX Trader, has seen him achieve the following:
- Trained Wealth Advisors and Relationship Managers on investment products and sales.
- Managed teams of Treasury Sales and meeting sales targets.
- Conduct courses over the last 3 years for internal colleagues of the bank for their personal development and financial planning.
- Trained relationship managers on FX training to ensure their competency in advising clients Trained OCBC Malaysia’s Relationship Managers and Wealth Management Product Managers on products and how they should pitch them.
- Trained Bank NISP’s Relationship Managers and Wealth Management Product Managers on products and how they should pitch them.
- Conducted 3-hour client seminars on investments in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Michael enjoys connecting with people through his sessions and his passion is in sharing the skills to make the participants’ life better. Michael wants to share all of his 32 years of trading, advisory and training/seminar experiences with the people he meets.
Michael obtained her Bachelor of Business Administration degree from National University of Singapore and a Masters of Business Administration (Accountancy) degree from Nanyang Technology University.